Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Buhh-byee Blogger!


Over the whole coarse of this year, we have been blogging on here reflecting on different things we have learned in class. It was never something I really enjoyed doing only because it was something you had to remember once you got home, and are thinking your done with school for the day. And since we have a week to finish it, everybody puts it off, and ends up forgetting to do it by the due date. But now looking back on all of my writing from this year, it had really finished off everything I learned in class, with a nice reflection, helping me take it all in right. Going over everything has helped me realize how I naturally write, and its progress. I have always been interested in blogging in general, but I never realized that blogging could be used in such different ways.

This blog has taught me a lot of how the blogger community works. I even created my own personal blog on Tumblr, which I update a lot with pictures, videos, music and more. Reading over my older blogs has brought back some good memories with the class, and you as well. Some about miserable books, and some about your best friends. In the end it gave me a good smile. The freedom of having to write however you wanted and just spill all your thoughts was good for all of the projects we did. One of my favorite blog posts was the one where we had to write about something someone has said to you. Or something of that nature. My dad actually read that blog, and loved it so much he printed it out. "Open me up and you'll see i'm a gallery of broken hearts."- Ingrid Michaelson- BE OK. This quote relates to my blog because, just from looking at me you wouldn't know much. But if you look closer, there is a lot more to me. And from expressing myself on this blog, it has helped bring that out of me.

People who complain about blogging, and having to go out of their way to write a quick little two paragraphs don't phase me. It isn't like they aren't on the computer all the time anyways! With Facebook, Myspace, Formspring, and Youtube all out there, i'm sure they spend hours on those site probably doing nothing anyways. But showing your personality through your creative writing actually can be fun if you take the time to do it.

But in the end, the blogs have helped me. They have helped me develop deeper thoughts on certain concepts. Like for example, writing about essays was a good way to make the whole essay thing 'click' in my head. All the 'chunks', and 'commentary' we had to learn about are now just about implanted in my head. But overall, it is amazing how technology has changed that ways teachers teach. It's not just text books, paper, and a pencil anymore, it's blogs, videos and music videos, etc... It is amazing to me, and i cannot wait to see what more is to come. But having our english class be one of the only ones who ever get to do it, i'm glad you had us do it. This blog has been fun, and it sad to say goodbye! But.. BYEEEEE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment